Well, for this chapter of my life, the introduction has been written, the climax has climaxed, and I am in the throws of my denouement. In approximately seven weeks, the conclusion to this beautiful little short story will be complete. I will be gowned, capped, hooded, and sent off into the world to make it (and me) different, dynamic, and diverse. I continue to be thrilled about my upcoming graduation in spite of my ever-growing list of assignments and things to do, and I can’t forget about self-care. I mean, I even wrote a blog post on this website about self-care, so adding that to the list is absolutely critical. To keep myself organized (and to avoid forgetting deadlines, or rather, more deadlines), I have created a “Graduation To-Do List”. Hope it will help as we are all trying to organize the chaos and actually, ahem!, graduate. Here goes…but wait! Let us get mentally prepared before we tackle the list:
Okay. Here goes (for real):
- Contact Graduate Advisor – Yes, this is completely different from you Field Advisor, contact him/her to make sure all tasks for graduation are completed.
- Apply for graduation – 2/20/15
- Order announcements/invitations – order as soon as possible to avoid rush fees!
- Mail announcements/invitations – 3 – 4 weeks before graduation, 4/10/15
- Update records in registrar’s office – change of address, married, divorced, etc.
- Order Cap/Gown/Hood – 4/6/15, $70
- Check for outstanding fees/parking fines – yes, they will hold your diploma for this.
- Complete any student loan exit surveys
- Complete EOC Mandatory Training/Title IX – yes, they will hold your diploma for this.
- Plan for LCSW-A licensure – start asking for references, you need 3 professional forms.
- Plan for ASWB Exam – get it while it’s hot! Plan for study time or prep course, schedule exam date. DSM-5 Exams will start July 2015.
- Plan for LCAS-A licensure – this is a licensure for Clinical Addiction Specialists, it is a certificate program offered at UNC. I’m a huge advocate for this additional skill set.
- NASW-NC membership – I highly recommend this, tons of resources here. Sign up while you still get the student discount!
- School of Social Work Reception – May 8th
- School of Social Work Hooding Ceremony – May 9th @ 1pm (12:15 for you!)
- UNC Commencement Ceremony – May 10th @ 9:30 (line up starts at 9am!!!)
- Diploma – available for pick-up @ Registrar’s office; May 10th, 11am – 2pm.
Now, instead of yelling “Adriannnnn” like Rocky, you can properly yell, “MSWWWWWW!”